1. Which personal data are processed by Nunki and for what purposes?
The creation of a personal account requires the following information:
a) your email address;
b) your first and last name;
c) your password: a random password is sent to you when you create your account; this password must be changed the first time you use Nunki services
d) data on the use of the Nunki platform and services from your personal space, and through cookies.
- creation of your personal space,
- access and use of Nunki Service
- improvement of our services and our Nunki platform: Nunki can process your data to develop and improve services, the Nunki platform, the user journey, identify user or market needs or for research, development, analysis and business intelligence.
- commercial prospecting: we may use your data for commercial prospecting purposes, to which you may object at any time. for this purpose, your details are kept for 3 years after your last response to our requests.
- carrying out secondary treatments:
o statistical, historical or scientific analysis;
o legal or commercial advice and compliance with laws;
o of dispute resolution;
o for insurance purposes.
2. Is the data transferred to third parties and abroad?
The data is hosted by Google located in Belgium and in United States. The company is member of the Safe Harbor and therefore ensure an adequate level of protection of personal data.We collect and process the data mentioned in the first question only for our own purposes and do not sell them to third parties under any circumstances.The data may be transmitted to beneficiaries or service providers who are committed to ensuring the same level of confidentiality and security as Nunki for your data.
3. What are your rights to your data?
You have the following rights over your personal data: right of access, right to rectify your data, right to erase your data, right to limitation of processing, right to define guidelines on the fate of data after your death, right to the portability of your data, right of opposition, right to a remedy.In case ofneed and if a possible dispute does not result in an amicable resolution, you always have the right to contact the competent personal data protection authority to file a complaint (in France, the CNIL, whose website is accessible by clicking here).
4. Is my data safe?
We attach great importance to data security and confidentiality. We use to secure your data and searches:
- the HTTPS protocol;
- we use a specialized service for the management and security of logins
- we have secure contracts with our data hosts;
- we have put in place internal technical and organisational measures to ensure the security and confidentiality of your data.
5. How to exercise your rights on your data?